Saturday, January 21, 2012

Training Plans

So I have decided to run/walk (waddle) a 4 mile race on St. Patrick's Day. I will be 30 weeks pregnant then so my only goal is to finish the race. It is exactly 8 weeks away from today and I found a great training program online that I would like to share: TRAINING PROGRAM

I know I am not a beginner but I am using this training schedule for a few reasons:
1. I have not been running regularly since I got pregnant.
2. I do not want to cause any pregnancy complications by over doing it.
3. Exercising at least 30 minutes a day is do-able for a pregnant lady.
4. I am not trying to set any personal records this time, just finish and feel good.

I am excited about this new goal. To do a race while pregnant should be fun. I ran my first half marathon while in the early weeks of this pregnancy but this time everyone will be jealous of my belly and my waddle. Maybe someday my son will be proud that he rocked out these races with me while in the womb. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment