Friday, April 20, 2012

Adjustment....

Being told by the doctor not to run any more for the remainder of this pregnancy was not what I wanted to hear. It has been a major adjustment. I am feeling my muscles go soggy and my fitness level dropping. The biggest adjustment I have gone through is the one in my head. I never realized how much I needed running in my life until I had to give it up for a bit. It is my sanity, my therapy, my alone time, my personal time for thought and reflection. It is a huge part of my life.

I am a little thankful for this time away from running. I feel like it is making me love it even more and when I am able to lace my shoes up again I will appreciate it that much more.

In the mean time I am enjoying lots of short nature walks with my little girl. Enjoy my last few weeks as a Mommy to one.

No comments:

Post a Comment