Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pretzel Twist

3.5 miles

NO WALK BREAKS!!!!!

This is the first race I have run AND the longest distance I have run since having my baby boy in late May with NO WALK BREAKS!!! This is a huge, I mean HUGE deal to me!!! I was beyond proud of myself.

My plan for this race was to run 1.25 walk .25 and repeat until the race was over. I took off feeling great. Weather was perfect- warm but not hot. Music was playing loud in my ears. Runners were sparse but around me. I was in my town. I just felt good. I looked down at my watch for the first time thinking I was getting close to the one mile mark and to my surprise, I was already at 1.4 miles. CRAZY!!! I rounded the corner and saw the water station up ahead and I knew that was the half way point. I decided to run to it and walk then. I grabbed my water took a tiny sip tossed my cup and KEPT RUNNING. I made my next small goal to keep running until mile 2. Mile 2 came and I will felt great. I kept on trucking. Slowed down a bit but never walked. :) I crossed the finish line at 37:34 running! Happiest girl in the world right here. My cute family was waiting for me and so was the free breakfast bar.

I would run this race again FOR SURE! Tech shirt and all. Of course my little Ella did the kids fun run after and LOVED it!

No comments:

Post a Comment